Custom Search

Friday, December 3, 2010

To Look Your Best In Your Next Job Interview


Once you get a job interview in today’s tough job market, it is important to have a professional look,  and for ladies, choosing a makeup that will last throughout any interview process is a big help.  In today’s article, I’ll share with you some of my favorite ways you can look like a million bucks in your job interview without having to spend much at all. Wearing makeup that actually stays on and lasts for hours and makes you look picture perfect will give you a confidence boost that is important and can help you land the right job.

Let me give you first some background information on how I learned about the product I’m going to share with you today. A few months ago I had an opportunity to have a professional makeup artist do my makeup for me for an appearance and show taping. Since it was the first time I had ever had a  makeup artist work on my hair and makeup other than those at a cosmetics counter,  I didn’t know what to expect. But the end result was outstanding and one of the most important things I learned was that the makeup artist used a foundation which gave my skin excellent coverage and stood up to the lights of the camera and throughout a full day of taping while looking like it was freshly applied. The makeup that the artist used was a Mac Cosmetics product called Studio Fix Fluid and because I was so thrilled with the look and wear ability of this makeup, I went to a local mall and purchased my own bottle. And I was very happy with the makeup as well. However, the price of the Mac Cosmetics Studio Fix was kind of steep, in my opinion. I paid $26.00 plus tax for my Mac Foundation. So I started researching and investigating other options for a makeup that had the same great coverage, but cost less.
revlon-color-stay
I’m pleased to report to all of you that I found a great substitute! And the best thing about it is is very affordable and generally less than one-half of what the Mac Makeup costs. The other feedback that I’ve gotten from friends who’ve tried the Revlon Color Stay Makeup after I suggested it and engaged some “testers” for me, who trialed both products,  was that for those who had trouble with skin breakouts, the Revlon Color Stay users in my small testing group reported that they had fewer issues with skin breakouts than those who had used the Mac version.

What I love about this makeup is that this makeup was great at looking good and staying on my  skin all day which makes it a top choice in my opinion for an interview.  In some interview situations you may find yourself having a private interview with a supervisor and then having to spend time with prospective co-workers or committees for an interview process that could last many hours or even the entire day.  The Revlon Color Stay Foundation for me lasts a good 12 hours on my skin, and even after a gym workout, my face still looks pretty good. According to the manufacturer it is supposed to last for 16 hours, but I’d say that on my skin it  looks fresh for around 12 hours.  It holds up great in humidity as well which can be a big plus during the summertime heat or if you’re in a warmer, more humid climate year-round. The drawbacks to having a makeup that lasts so long is that you may have to use either a makeup remover towel followed by your regular face cleanser, or try my tip of using a jojoba oil for initial cleansing, then a liquid facial cleanser and a witch hazel toner to remove all remnants of makeup on your face.

In a flyer I saw for CVS Pharmacy  (December 17th, 2009)  I noticed that at least in my area they have all Revlon products 1/2 off so if you’re looking to try a new foundation and want to be prepared for your next job interview you may want to give the Revlon Color Stay Foundation a try. It comes in two types an oil-free type for oily skin and a normal/dry version for those of you needing more moisture. I apply it with a clean wet makeup sponge that is soaked in water first, then squeezed out so that all the excess moisture is removed before using my sponge to apply the makeup. Work on small areas of your face at a time as this tends to dry fast, but the end result for me is a complexion that looks like a makeup artist worked on me and not having to worry that I have to reapply after one-half of the day is gone. If you need more coverage, just apply another layer until you achieve the look that you need. With my skin and this makeup I generally only need one “coat” of makeup and I’m ready to face the day!

Being in a job interview is stressful enough. The last thing you want to worry about is how your makeup is holding up. And for those of us with less than perfect skin, having a foundation which makes your skin look flawless is a great confidence booster. Looking your best during your next job interview is easier if you have the right products to help give give you a polished and complete look.

No comments: