Custom Search

Monday, November 1, 2010

How to write a cover letter

Your cover letter will be sent with your CV.
It is very important and can make a real difference in securing you that job.
  • Cover letters are generally not read during the first candidate selection but will be read at short list stage.
  • Your letter should not be a copy of your CV.
  • Specify some of your major achievements.
  • Make sure your letter is clear, grammatically correct and professionally written - it is your shop window!
  • Customise per employer.
  • Do not mention salary.
  • Don't waffle.
  • Be professional. .
A sample letter:
Address, Date, Company Name etc.
Dear Sirs,
It has been brought to my attention of the opportunity of 'Sales manager' within your company via Scottishjobsonthe.net. I am very interested in this position because of my qualifications and experience.
I am a graduate from Glasgow University and I am currently employed at CompanyName.
I look forward to further discussions regarding this opportunity and how I could contribute to the success of your company.
Yours sincerely,
Signed

No comments: